The user guide describes how to use and customize this theme.
How the theme is structured#
Below is a brief overview of the major layout of this theme. First, take a look at the diagram to understand what the major sections are called. This theme inherits its structure and section terminology from the Sphinx Basic NG theme.
% The directives below generate a grid-like layout that mimics the structure of this theme. % It uses Sphinx Design grids: https://sphinx-design.readthedocs.io/en/latest/grids.html
Most of the functionality of this theme is built into its header and sidebars, so each is explained briefly below.
Header: Contains links for each major section of your documentation. These are generated from your documentation’s top-level documentation toctree items. Also contains your site’s logo and icon links and components that are site-wide.
Primary Sidebar: Contains links between pages in the active section. These are the second-level
toctreeitems in your documentation. This will only be displayed if there are other pages in a section or if no section is active (like on the landing page)
Secondary Sidebar: Contains links to headers within the current page as well as page-specific source links.
Configure the theme#
You can configure the behavior, look, and feel of the theme in many ways. The remaining pages in the user guide cover various ways of doing so.
- Configure project logo and title
- Configure default theme mode
- Configure pygment theme
- Announcement banners
- Configure icon links
- Header Navigation Bar
- Adding favicons
- Configure the sidebar
- Navigation depth and collapsing the sidebar
- Hiding the previous and next buttons
- Add a dropdown to switch between docs versions
- Add an Edit this Page button
- Search bar
- Google Analytics
- Changing pages with keyboard presses
- Secondary Sidebar (Table of Contents)
- Remove the sidebar from some pages
- Configure the navbar center alignment
- Adding ethical advertisements to your sidebar in ReadTheDocs
- Improve build speed and performance
- Add/Remove items from theme sections
- Customizing the theme