The PyData Sphinx Theme#
A clean, Bootstrap-based Sphinx theme by and for the PyData community.
Built with Bootstrap
Use Bootstrap classes and functionality in your documentation.
Site sections will change behavior and size at different screen sizes.
Light / Dark theme
Users can toggle between light and dark themes interactively.
Customizable UI and themes
Customize colors and branding with CSS variables, and build custom UIs with Sphinx Design.
If you are looking for a Sphinx theme that puts all of its sub-pages in the sidebar, the Sphinx Book Theme has a similar look and feel, and Furo is another excellent choice. You can also see the Sphinx Themes Gallery for more ideas.
Information about using, configuration, and customizing this theme.
- User Guide
- Theme Structure and Layout
- Navigation depth and collapsing sidebars
- Page Table of Contents
- Header links
- Source Buttons
- Sphinx indices
- Announcement banners
- Version switcher dropdowns
- Search bar / search button
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Theme-specific elements
- Blogs with
- Sphinx Design Components
- Extending the theme
- Branding and logo
- Theme variables and CSS
- Fonts and FontAwesome
- Light and dark themes
- Analytics and usage services
- Add custom CSS and JS assets
- Build performance and size
- Read the Docs functionality
Community and contribution guide#
Information about the community behind this theme and how you can contribute.
Several example pages to demonstrate the functionality of this theme when used alongside other Sphinx extensions.
- Gallery of sites using this theme
- Kitchen Sink
- PyData Library Styles
- Execution Libraries
- 1. Test of no sidebar
- 2. Test of persistent search field
- 3. Section to show off pages with many sub pages
- 4. Top-level headers and the TOC
- 5. An example with multiple top-level headers
- 6. An example with a single top-level header
- Link to an external site
The content of the exposed